Stats: 17,536 versions of 691 programs
Pick a software title... to downgrade to the version you love!
Maxthon Latest Version
Select Version of Maxthon to Download for FREE!
Do you have software version that is not currently listed?Upload it now and get rewarded!
Need a software version that is not currently listed?Make a software request now!
Maxthon (formerly MyIE2) (pronounced "max-ton") is a China-based freeware (more specifically donateware) web browser. From its early MyIE2 roots, Maxthon has developed a growing user base, especially in China, and in 2006 it has received commercial backing for its upcoming version Maxthon 2.0, currently in beta. It uses the Trident layout engine, just like Internet Explorer, but it can use the Gecko engine used in Mozilla Firefox as well.
Maxthon seeks to provide many rich features and a highly customizable interface, without losing any of the compatibility of Internet Explorer.
In January of 2006, Maxthon developers partnered with Microsoft in its booth at the Consumer Electronics Show.
Maxthon is reported to be the second most popular browser in China, and it has been downloaded more than 79.6 million times worldwide.
* Tabbed document interface
* Saves open tabs in case of program shutdown or system crash
* Undo for any tabs accidentally closed
* AD Hunter - an advert-blocking utility that blocks pop-ups, banners, and floating ads in webpages
* Flash, Java applet and ActiveX blocker
* Customizable tabs and interface
* Programmable mouse gestures
* External utility bar - toolbar that allows you to open third-party programs
* RSS reader
* Supports many Internet Explorer plugins as well as plugins of its own
* Partial Gecko engine support with the use of a third-party program
* A search toolbar with 8 different search engines (user extendable)
* Automatic updating service
* Groups - the ability to bookmark & open multiple pages simultaneously.
* URL aliases - open URLs by just typing a word in the address bar.
* Simple collector - a small notepad-like utility, used to collect any text from webpages. You can write scripts in it and run them in the current webpage.
* Integrated web services - user extendable, but by default includes translators, Google's cached version of pages, Whois and anonymous web proxies.