Stats: 30,115 versions of 1,968 programs
Pick a software title... to downgrade to the version you love!
K Lite Codec Pack Latest Version
Select Version of K Lite Codec Pack to Download for FREE!
Do you have software version that is not currently listed?Upload it now and get rewarded!
Need a software version that is not currently listed?Make a software request now!
K Lite Codec Pack Description
K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of VFW/ACM codecs, DirectShow filters and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding (playing) audio and video formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less common formats.
The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
* It it always very up-to-date with the newest and/or best components.
* All components have been carefully selected. It is not just a random bunch of stuff thrown together.
* It is very user-friendly and easy to use.
* The installation is fully customizable, meaning that you are able to only install those components that you really want.
* For some formats a choice can be made during installation between different filters. This allows you to tweak the pack to your own specific needs and preferences.
* Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys.
* It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation with the integrated wizard.
* It has been very well tested. The pack doesn't contain any conflicting or buggy codecs.
* It tries to avoid potential conflicts with other codecs already installed on your computer.
* The pack is able to detect broken codecs and filters on your system, and helps you to removes them.
* It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.
* This pack has a huge user base. This means that problems are found and resolved quickly.
* There are different packages. From small to extra-large.
* Suitable for both novice and expert users.
There are five versions of the K-Lite Codec Pack:
Basic contains only the most essential things. It contains everything you need to be able to play the two most popular and widespread formats: DivX and XviD. With this you should be able to play DVDrips and TVrips.
Standard contains everything you need to play all the most commonly used formats. This package should be enough for the average user.
Full supports even more audio and video formats. It also has encoding support for various formats. This package is for power users and people who do video editing/encoding.
Corporate Edition is a special version for use in a corporate environment. It is similar to the Full version, minus a few items, but alomst just as powerful. It has a strong focus on open-source software.
The K-Lite Codec Pack works on Windows 2000/XP/2003/XP64/Vista.