Stats: 30,171 versions of 1,984 programs
Pick a software title... to downgrade to the version you love!
PuTTY 0.58 Change Log
- Wildcards (mput/mget) and recursive file transfer in PSFTP.
- You can now save your session details from the Change Settings dialog box, after you\'ve started your session.
- Various improvements to Unicode support, including:
- support for right-to-left and bidirectional text (Arabic, Hebrew etc). Thanks to arabeyes.org for design and most of the implementation.
- support for Arabic text shaping, again thanks to arabeyes.org.
- support for Unicode combining characters.
- Support for the xterm 256-colour control sequences.
- Port forwardings can now be reconfigured in mid-session.
- Support for IPv6. Thanks to unfix.org for having patiently maintained the patch for this until we were finally ready to integrate it.
- More configurability and flexibility in SSH-2 key exchange. In particular, PuTTY can now initiate repeat key exchange during the session, which means that if your server doesn\'t initiate it (some servers don\'t bother) you can still have the cryptographic benefits.
- Bug fix: display artefacts caused by characters overflowing their character cell should now all be gone. (This would probably have bothered Windows ClearType users more than anyone else.)
- Bug fix: keepalives are now supported everywhere. (Previously they were supported by Windows GUI PuTTY, but were missing in Plink, PSFTP and the Unix port.)
- Miscellaneous improvements for CJK/IME users; many thanks to Hung-Te Lin for assistance.