Stats: 30,169 versions of 1,986 programs
Pick a software title... to downgrade to the version you love!
TrueCrypt 4.3a Change Log
- Full support for custom screen DPI settings. (Windows, GUI)
- Other minor improvements. (Windows and Linux)
- Fixed bug that in some cases caused the 'Safely Remove Hardware' function to fail.
- In Windows Vista, it is now possible to read data from file-hosted TrueCrypt volumes located on UDF-formatted media mounted in read-only mode.
- All Volume Creation Wizard GUI elements are now correctly displayed on systems with custom DPI settings. (Windows, GUI)
- Other minor bug fixes. (Windows and Linux)
- Linux: When running without administrator privileges, TrueCrypt automatically attempts to elevate its access rights (if necessary) using the sudo command. The Linux version of TrueCrypt no longer supports the set-euid root mode of execution. These changes also prevent all discovered and undiscovered (if any) security issues related to the set-euid root mode of execution, including an issue affecting all previous Linux versions of TrueCrypt where a local non-administrator user could cause a denial of service or gain administrator privileges.
- If dismount is forced on a TrueCrypt volume when TrueCrypt runs in traveller mode, the TrueCrypt driver will not be unloaded when TrueCrypt exits (it will be unloaded only when the system is restarted or shut down). This prevents various problems caused by a bug in Windows (for instance, it would be impossible to start TrueCrypt again as long as there are applications using the dismounted volume). (Windows)