Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iTunes v. 6.0

Default iTunes v. 6.0

Does anyone have the installer for it? I downloaded iTunes 7 but it's gone crazy and it keep freezing up my iPod. If you could help me out, I'd really appreciate it

Default me, too ... itunes version 6.0.2

i, also, downloaded the new itunes 7 ..... sucks ... completely screwed up my sound ... when i play music it's garbled and scratchy ... i accessed the itunes forum on apple.com and there is a whole bunch of peeps who have this prob ... i downloaded a version of itunes 6.0.2 on a site (hippofile.com ???), installed it, however, it will not run: error message 3 states that the instillation of quicktime failed and itunes this app to run ... sooooo ... where can i get a valid copy of itunes 6?

also, i restored my computer to yesterday but that did not work: when i tried to use itunes, the error message was the same: quicktime is not installed ....

is there something i'm missing in the instillation of the old version?

thanks for any help .... darlene, running winxp/pro ... someone of the apple site said that maybe apple outsourced the code writing microsoft ... that's how bad this upgrade is .....

Default Of coures it's missing something

It's missing quicktime
    I advice you to look for the latest quicktime 7 (7.1.3) on apple.com and download it (download the version without itunes). Then try to find the latest valid version of iTunes6 (6.0.5.20) and download it.

Same thing with me. Except i get this error when i try to run itunes 6.05. "the file "itunes libray.itl"was made bye a newwer version of itunes and can not be read. Any suggetions?
    Last edited by bellbon; 09-28-2006 at 08:02 PM. Reason: I left a part out

Release Candiate 1

Im using v6.0.5.20 and everything works fine. I have disabled auto-update, because i think there is no real need for updates, since audio players very rarely have security holes.

Some old versions...

(It's recommended to uninstall the program before running the installer of an older version.)

v6.0.5.20
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....TunesSetup.exe

v6.0.4.20
    http://www.intercable.com.ve/files/iTunesSetup.exe

v6.0.2.23
    ftp://ftp.izhcom.ru/pub/windows/music/iTunesSetup.exe

v6.0.0.18
    ftp://ftp.km.ru/v01/Soft/Sound/iTunesSetup.exe

v5.0.1.40
    http://www.mikeknoop.com/upload/iTunesSetup%205.0.1.exe

v5.0.0.35
    ftp://62.78.21.8/downloads/iTunesSetup5.exe

v4.9.0.17
    ftp://ftp.biysk.ru/pub/sw/soft/Media/iTunesSetup.exe

v4.7.1.30
    ftp://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/pub/O...TunesSetup.exe

v4.6.0.15
    ftp://ftp.surnet.ru/pub/support/media/iTunesSetup.exe

v4.2.0.72
    ftp://ftp.fh-niederrhein.de/pub/win9...tunessetup.exe
    Last edited by DavidLeu; 10-02-2006 at 12:13 PM.

"It's recommended to uninstall the program before running the installer of an older version."

I uninstalled Itunes 7 then installed Itunes 6.5. If i delete the file "Itunes libray.itl" I wont have any music, will I?

Release Candiate 1

Quote Originally Posted by bellbon View Post
    "It's recommended to uninstall the program before running the installer of an older version."

I uninstalled Itunes 7 then installed Itunes 6.5. If i delete the file "Itunes libray.itl" I wont have any music, will I?
    Im not 100% sure. But normally, you shouldnt lose any audio files by deleting this file.

Maybe you want to try following...
    1. Close iTunes
    2. Make a backup of Itunes libray.itl (e.g. just drag it to your desktop)
    3. Restart iTunes and see what happens

Did it say that something is wrong with this file during the installation of v6? Did you successfully install v6?

Itunes 6 installed whitout a problem after I removed 7. Great news I got it to work with those steps. Execpt i had to import libray. Thank you

Release Candiate 1

No problem! Glad to be of help.

ok yea i downloaded and installed iTunes 6 but it still won't recognize my iPod(2nd Gen Nano) but the thing is when i installed iTunes 7 it never launched when i told it to so can someone please help cuz now i just hate apple